Started our day off with a hike in Steamboat Springs. Steve guaranteed it was a very easy to moderate hike..... Yeah right! It was just outside of town and called Fish Creek Falls trail. We hiked at least 10 miles starting at 7410 feet and climbing to 9850 feet. Did I mention climbing to 9850 feet. Tough trail but beautiful scenery. It took us about 7 hours to complete partly due to the hail storm on our trip back down. The boulders were a little on the slippery side resulting in the use of our hiking poles. I think I will pick the next easy to moderate hike.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Day 4
Started our day off with a hike in Steamboat Springs. Steve guaranteed it was a very easy to moderate hike..... Yeah right! It was just outside of town and called Fish Creek Falls trail. We hiked at least 10 miles starting at 7410 feet and climbing to 9850 feet. Did I mention climbing to 9850 feet. Tough trail but beautiful scenery. It took us about 7 hours to complete partly due to the hail storm on our trip back down. The boulders were a little on the slippery side resulting in the use of our hiking poles. I think I will pick the next easy to moderate hike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment